Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Chapter 3

I was walking up the stones to Mrs. Rodrigis doorway as I thought about what had happened the previous day.
Suddenly, out of no where, my long ago childhood friend Maggie just had to be in the park at the same time as me.  It couldn't be anything but a coincidence.  But then, she influenced me to go to her house.  I didn't see an option to not go with her.  It was the strangest thing.  I thought anything I wanted to when I got to her house, but leaving didn't cross my mind.  It wasn't until she...did other stuff that I considered leaving.  I just don't get it...

Oh well, life goes on.  I told Mrs. Rodrigis the furniture would be coming in today, so I had to come in and put it all together for her.

She smiled when she saw me.  "Oh, glad you're up and ready to fix my living room.  I've about had it with its dullness.  I can't wait to see what it'll look like!"
"Thank you, ma'am."
"Call me Bianca."
"Alright, Bianca it is.  Would you mind leaving until six tonight so that I know I'll have it all ready for you?"
"I don't mind at all-can't interfere with an artist at work."
I shrugged.  I guess I am an artist in a way.
"Oh-and the furniture isn't in yet...for some reason your furniture isn't in yet..."
I nodded.  "Yup, I can't have you looking at the furniture-that wouldn't do!  It'll get here soon, now that you'll be leaving."
"You kicking me out?"
I laughed.  "Yes, now get out of here!"
"Fine, be that way."  Keep in mind we were both having fun here, I wasn't being serious and neither was she.  Some of my customers are loose and fun like she is.

So I called the furniture store to double check that they were bringing the furniture in soon.  It only took them about an hour to bring the furniture over, and in between that time I moved out all of her furniture and put it on her lawn so they could take it away.  I get a certain amount of money back from her old furniture since they can re-use some of the fabrics and materials from the old furniture.  It's a really nice way to get rid of the old, and bring in the new.

After I brought all of the furniture out, I took out the fireplace (that was a lot of work) since it didn't seem to go with her modern theme and the furniture I was bringing in.  Then I painted the walls and brought all the furniture in.  It didn't take me that long to rearrange the furniture I had since I already had a picture of it all in my head.

I sat down on the couch and waited for her to arrive as I watched some television (I'm aloud to do that, it's apart of my contract).

At precisely six, she arrived just like I asked.  Because the living room is right by the entrance, right away I braced myself for any reaction.
Once I opened the door, she closed her eyes and walked closer to the living room, then she opened them.
She looked around for a minute with no change in facial expression, but then she grinned.
"This is really great, Mr. Evans.  Just what I had in mind."
Since she was letting me call her Bianca, I decided it would only make sense for me to take down my own formal barriers as well, "you can call me TJ."
"Alright, TJ it is.  Thank you for the wonderful makeover."
"You're very welcome."

We then went over the formal stuff (including the money that she owed me).  I actually work for myself, so I made up my own contract with a little help.  I prefer to do all the formal dealings at the end.  To finish the formal part, I took out my hand so I could shake hers.  Instead of that, she raised an eyebrow at me and took me in for a hug.  On my part, it was rather awkward, but she seemed perfectly comfortable with it.

After that, I bid my farewell and left, taking a little walk.  I didn't feel comfortable calling for Trish in my customer's houses because I guess I just feel strange having to call for my ride?  It  just doesn't feel right.  I don't know...

Eventually, I stopped walking to call Trish.
"Hey Trish."
"What up Teej?"
"Oh, I'm just done with work...can you pick me up now?"
"No can do little bro.  I'm in the middle of an important makeover.  I should be getting back to her...she's already looking annoyed just from me talking to you."
I frowned.  Trish doesn't let this happen often, but she obviously had a strict customer.  I really need to get a car.
"Alright, I'll be fine Trish.  I'll just take the subway."
"Are you sure?"
"Yes I'm sure!  It sounds like you can't leave anyway."
"Well, I could but then I'd lose this customer.  But I would be willing to do that for you."
"It's fine..." I already cause her so much trouble, I don't want to get her to lose money too!
"Thanks anyway Trish.  See you at home."
"Alright...Bye."

I looked to my right because I heard a pebble hit something metallic.  What I first noticed was a rather tall, strange building covered in windows.  Each floor wasn't being fully supported by the previous floor.  I was baffled that that was even possible.
Then I heard a mumble.  Someone was coming out.  It was getting so dark that I could only make out the person's outline.
"What are you staring at?"  The person was definitely a girl.
She walked closer and then stopped in her tracks.
"Llama, is that you TJ."
I looked to my left and right.  I was pretty sure I didn't know who this was...but, if you've ever known me, then it's hard to un-know me.  Being an albino, people just remember me.

"Oh my llama, TJ, it's been so long."
I strained to see who it was as it was so dark.  "Um...I'm sorry, but who are you?"
It was hard to tell what face she made after I said that. "I'm Bailey.  Bailey Ameile?  Ring any bells?"
Bailey was the popular girl at my middle and high school.  I wasn't one of those kids that just over looked her snobbishness and only saw her for her looks and had a giant crush on her like every other guy.  I was the guy that thought she was smoking...but I knew that her insides weren't quite as hot as her outside.
"Yeah, I know who you are."  I tried my best to not have any implications linger in my voice.
"Of course you remember me.  And I remember you-you're TJ, the hot mysterious guy."
In the darkness I raised my eyebrow, but it was so dark that she probably couldn't see it.
"Yeah, that's what you thought of me as?"
"Well, not back then.  But that's how I see you now."
"Sure, back then you thought of me as the nerdy white guy or something?"
She sounded sad the next moment (some strange made up sad voice), "oh, TJ.  What I thought of you back then doesn't matter...now, I knew that the next time I saw you I'd have to ask you out, and that's when I started to think of you as the hot mysterious guy.  People have always wanted to know who you were in school...but didn't have the guts to be friends with you in fear of what others would think.  But now I'm twenty four, and the world no longer cares."
"Really?"  I wasn't buying it.
"Oh, really and truly.  You really are hot though."
I suppressed a laugh, hearing it from her had to mean it was true, but it couldn't possibly.
"So, you wanna go somewhere or what?"
"Right now-"
"If you're not too busy."
I was just going to go to the subway to head home-but I don't have to be home yet.. "Nah, I'm not doing anything.  What did you have in mind?"  Who was I kidding, I had to accept as I've always been curious.  Surely she is nicer than what she was?
"You'll see."

We walked to her car, and she drove without telling me where she was taking me.

Soon, she took us to this rather dark building at the edge of downtown.  It illuminated this strange blue color.
I had no idea where we were.  "Um..Bailey...what is this?"
She cracked a smile. "Are you serious, TJ?"
"No, I'm just playin around!"
"Oh, well then that's good."
"No, seriously."
"Naiive, are we now?  This is called a cu-lub."
"Interesting.."  My heart pumped harder.  This is the cliche place for all things sexual and inappropriate...and this is where she decided to take me?!
"Oh, relax.  You'll be fine."  And my white skin is going to glow in the black lights...

I took a deep breath when I saw all the people on the dance floor and a few others getting drinks.  It just seemed so intimidating...everyone was wearing such nice outfits, and I was wearing a tee shirt and jeans, but Bailey's dress was pretty low key too.
She clearly saw me looking into the room, "oh, don't worry.  We're not going in there."
"Then...where?"
"Just wait and see you impatient boy!"  She didn't mean any harm, her voice had a playful ring to it.

As she took me where ever she was taking me...I happened to see a hot tub, so, the curious guy I was, I peaked through the holes of these privacy boards.  I wasn't so happy that I did, because I realized that there was a guy and a girl skinny dipping..that's when I noticed their clothes.  Quickly, I looked away.  Llama knows what they were up to...If they truly want some privacy, then this hot tub should be in a room with a locked door.

She took us into this room with a bar and this weird bubble machine thing.  I was happy to see that we were alone (at least I think I should be happy about that?), besides the bartender.  I could've sworn she was staring at us this whole time simply because no one else was in there...
So what we were basically doing was blowing bubbles out of this machine..it sounds childish, and maybe it was, but if it's in a club, then it really can't be so much I guess?  These bubbles tasted good, too though.  So you could basically eat it, and then blow some.  It was so much fun!
"What flavor did you try, TJ?"
"Chocolate."   I am such a lady when it comes to chocolate.
"Well, I have mint."  She raised her eyebrow.
"Oh...um, good for you..."  This isn't about breath, it's about taste.

I sucked in the delicious chocolate bubble stuff and I tasted it throughout my whole mouth and blew out many bubbles.  It was amazing how amusing blowing bubbles was.
"So, what do you do for a living?..."
For a while, we talked and exchanged info about our lives.  Somehow I was able to leave out the part that I wasn't so socially active...she wouldn't be very impressed.

Eventually, we left.  Bailey played the boy and drove me to my house.  Man do I need a car!

Under the soft porch light, she took me in and kissed me.  It seemed like she was really starting to like me that night, but it just seemed too...strange to be true?
I was really starting to like her too-she didn't seem quite so stuck up like when we were younger.  It helped that she kissed really well...knowing her, she's had ample practice.  Somehow, I thought like my grandparents and suspected that I was dreaming, because when does a girl ever like me?

2 comments:

  1. TJ is getting some action. The second hot girl from high school running into him then hitting on him. Things just might be improving in the social department for him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, TJ is getting pretty lucky...

    ReplyDelete