Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Chapter 15

I was standing in my room looking out the window when I heard my phone ring.  I picked it up and heard a stern, strange voice,"hello, this is Mr. Young.  I would like to ask you a few questions."
I stared blankly at a tree outside.  What is this guy talkin' about?
"Who are you?"
I heard deep breathing in the phone, and a moment later he answered.  "That isn't important, what is important is where do you live?"
I crossed my eyes.  Who does he think he is?  For a moment my stomach sank, as I suspected it was family wondering where I lived and were pulling something.  But my stomach came right back when I realized that no one in my family sounded like this, never mind that I didn't know a 'Mr. Young.'
"Bye!"  This guy was a joke.
"No wait, please!  I have to know."  I didn't hang up because of mere amusements, but I decided it was done and said, "whoever you are, don't call this number again."  I hung up the phone quickly, not wanting to hear any more pleading.

As soon as I began thinking of how that guy could've gotten my number, I heard the door bell ring.
At first I didn't get it, but after it rang five times, I decided to.  I figured James was busy with some other duty, and come on, when would Alicia ever get the door her-self (llama forbid).  In the past, he would've gotten the door no matter what, but he's learned that I give him a break now and then. 

When I got to the monitor to listen for who it was, I was surprised that I didn't suspect who it was: it was Bailey, here to give Alicia her workout.  She comes a few times a week, but I tend to be making over houses when she comes, which is in the middle of the day.  But today, I had off.
My heart sank when she came in.  I hadn't called her in a while, though I had emailed her that I was 'behind on making over some houses', but really I wasn't.  Truthfully?  I didn't want to lie to her about how Alicia had kissed me a few weeks ago, so I just didn't give myself the time to tell her the truth or lie... it was true, though, I could always be making over another house, so one could say that I'm always behind.

"Hey TJ, how are the houses going?"
My throat went dry.  "Um... I'm starting to catch up.  Actually... I was about to head out now."
"That's great!  Oh- and I want to let you know that you're family is hounding me wondering where you are.  You should just... come clean with whatever it is that you've done, they're really worried about you."
I swallowed hard.  If only I could do that.
"Um yeah... maybe."
"I'm just trying to look out for you."
I tried to suppress a forced frown.  "I know."

As I already said, I had the day off, but that was just a little white lie that I've had to tell (among others in the past...).  I thought to myself that I should call Gabe or Louis to see if they could work out, but I voted against it.  I had to go now.  Once I made sure Bailey and Alicia were tucked away in the mansion's little gym, I went in my room to change into my work out gear.  Since it was a rather warm day, I just took off my shirt.  It was the perfect day to jog outside, so I voted against going to the gym.  Anyway, I didn't want to see anyone.

I jogged for a while and thought about Alicia and Bailey.
I hope Alicia doesn't make it big... I do, but I don't.  If she does make it big, then that picture could be released, and I'd be sunk in every way possible!  My family could have a clue as to where I am, I would be disgraced and no one would want me to make over their homes, not to mention Bailey.  My life would be over forever...

After jogging a while, I found myself in a park and sat down, relieved.  I was so hot!
As I sat, I glanced around, mostly looking at the pigeons and fountain, but then I heard a dog bark, so I casually looked to see where the noise was coming from.  To my complete and utter horror, I saw two heads that were very distinctive: my parents were here.

I got off the bench and calmly looked at them closer.  My mom was staring at the pond and the minnows swimming, while my dad was playing with a tiny dog (clearly a puppy).  I've never seen this itty bitty dog before, obviously he was new to the family.  My stomach sank when it hit: I don't even know my own family any more!  My parents got a dog and I didn't even know about it!

Since I had to go and they just couldn't know where I lived, I started walking the other direction in hopes they wouldn't see me.  Running was no option, they'd surely hear it and get suspicious.

But it was too late.  I cursed to myself when I saw them smiling widely: I had been caught red-handed simply by my presence.  My mother was so happy that she was shaking and little tears of joy fell from her face.
My mother broke the silence first, "oh my gosh, TJ!"
I stalled for a minute while I thought of what I could do.  Of course I was happy to see my parents, at least a part of me was.  But it was simply too risky...  What if I revealed what happened?  Then... then, no.  I can't even think about it.
Then I grinned to myself, then at them when I thought it would look strange if I was smiling at the ground.  I thought of something.
"Actually, I'm extremely late, I have to get to a house right now."
They continued looking at me with wide grins, I have not changed their moods.  "But- TJ... what's the matter with you?  Where are you living?"
"Seriously, I'm late.  This is a really important makeover..."

[Author's note: no, I don't know why there's kleenex in the picture either :P.  I realized it after I took the picture and I didn't think it was a big deal.]

Before I could let them change their minds, I took a run for it.

As soon as I was running for my life (sadly, that may be literal), I noticed dad was right in front of me.  His ageless face stared at me.  He had always been such a young looking guy, I swore he'd never get a single wrinkle!  I blinked, wondering how he had been able to get in front of me that quickly.  I hadn't heard him running when I bolted, but obviously he had.  I'm no slow runner.
As he talked, his composure and aura stayed calm and soothing, even in this situation,  "you can't just leave us like this, TJ!  You can't be making over a house, look at you!  You're in no outfit for that."  I was silent, and I could feel my legs shaking.

Then my mom came by us with the puppy.
Her heavily wrinkled face stared at me with concern.  Her composure wasn't near as good as dad's, "honey, why have you abandoned the family?  What happened between you and your sister?  Even she doesn't understand?  You have to let us drop you back off at your sister's!  Where have you been staying?"  After that, she burst into tears.  I didn't know what to say, so I said nothing.  My dad held her and let her cry.  "TJ, you can't leave us again.  What do you think you're doing?  You've abandoned your whole life!"

I knew if I stayed there a minute longer, I'd be trapped with them and eventually I'd cave.  I couldn't let that happen.  I didn't want to leave my mother balling, but I had no choice.  My dad was wrong: I have a life, friends, a girlfriend.  I'm good.  If I were to be with them, that would mean I'd eventually give up my life, or my sanity, I don't know, something big.  I couldn't risk that.  My parents just didn't understand.
I ran and ran, and this time my dad didn't suddenly appear in front of me.  But I did hear him calmly saying to my mother, "it's okay, we'll see him again, hon, I promise.  I have a hunch..."

I continued to jog faster, as I didn't want to hear his voice.  That would just make this harder.  I had no idea what he was talking about, and I don't think what he was saying was true anyway.

4 comments:

  1. Awwww. TJ can't just keep running away forever! Sooner or later he'll have to explain. And lol at the kleenex. I wonder why a sim would leave it there. But to be honest I didn't notice that until you mentioned it : D

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, probably not but I had to mention it!

    I have chapter 16 up already, too :). Thank you for the comment! I feel like I'm being ignored lately, as far as this story goes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is?? I didn't get any email notification for it. And I don't see it in the Chapter list on the right... : (. By the way this is Rika701 in case you haven't figured it out yet : D

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL, I know it was you. I don't know why you haven't recieved a notification, it's up. I think sometimes it takes a little bit. I have to edit it into the TOC, I'll do that now.

    ReplyDelete