Friday, September 9, 2011

Chapter 5

I steadied myself and looked at my shoes.  I realized that I was in a room somewhere-with that girl I was just with.  When was that?  I was in a blur when she said something about needing to speak with her elsewhere?  I know I was somewhere else between then and here, but I recall very little from them.

What had even happened, anyway?  Then I remembered-she stuck a needle in me, and then I instantly passed out.  So whoever this woman was-she really didn't want to say what she was going to out in the open.  Man, now I'm really interested.

"How about you take a seat?"  I shook my head slightly back and forth and looked at her with droopy eyes. I was still recovering from being put out.
"Oh-um, that would probably be a good idea."
She went behind me to help me walk a little, since I found myself feeling rather tipsy.

"So, I'm going to get right to the point.  What if I told you I could take away your condition?  What would you say?"
I raised an eyebrow at her questions.  She simply couldn't be serious.  And yet...she wasn't hinting that she was joking in any way.  Her lips didn't perk up slightly as she asked each question, her voice wasn't mocking.  She was talking as a person would in a business meeting.  The only solution was that she had a really good poker attitude...surely that' what it is...
Seeing that I didn't have much of a response, she said, "TJ, I don't joke.  Ever.  I'm being perfectly serious.  I have the technology to take away your condition."
"But...how?"
"I only ask that you don't ask.  Please, once I finish this procedure I just ask that you don't come back here.  Say...you were a test subject for some hospital if someone asks...I don't know.  Just don't say I did it for you here.  Please."
"Um...sure..."

"So what do you say TJ?  Do we have a deal?  You don't ever say that I did this for you here, and we have no problems...please don't ask what I'll do..." She smiled broadly.  It may have sounded like she was threatening me, but....I can understand her view point, it's just that...well, never mind.  She seems perfectly reliable and what not.  What would she want with me?  If she wanted to harm me she would have already.
"What the heck, why not?"
I wasn't willing to believe that she could change me, but I thought it was worth a try.  Erasing my albinism...would change my life.

Almost right after I agreed, she pricked me with the needle again and I was out.  Apparently she didn't want me to see the room she would...operate me in.  I don't blame her, what if I broke something, or figured out how they worked?  At least I could in theory, because I doubt I'd ever be able to figure them out!

Almost immediately after I was out, I woke up and again I woke up rather suddenly.  I woke up with her looking at me in the same room I was in before.  Apparently she had taken me out of the room she fixed me in.
She was smiling at me.  I looked at her perplexed-what was she looking at?  But then she said, "it was an astounding success.  Look at yourself in the mirror."
She motioned her arms to a small mirror that obviously had recently been put up on the wall as it was displayed haphazardly.

I found myself speed walking to the mirror to see if it truly had worked.  I knew I could see by just looking down on myself, but it wouldn't be the same as seeing my whole body.
I gaped at myself when I looked in the mirror.  It had worked.  No longer was I a ghost-now I'm a nice tan color, and my hair is light brown!  I more closely resemble my dad, as he had naturally tan skin and light brown hair.  My eyes didn't especially match those of my mom or dad-they were a pale green shade.

Again, I found myself going under as she pricked my arm.  But before I was all the way out, she said, "I'm sorry, but my residence must be kept a secret.  I have no intention of being hounded by the police."  I had no time to be skeptical of her implications.  But I fell asleep with her soothing words.

When I awoke, we were back by the large rocks.
"Do you want your hat?  I'm sorry, I forgot to give it to you."
I shook my head.  I don't need that old thing anymore. 
 "Alright, then this is where we shall part.  I hope you appreciate your new look, TJ."
I grinned.  "Oh yes, I love it very much!  I really appreciate it."
"I'm going to chill here a while.  Have a good life!"
"Thanks again."

Slowly, I walked back on the path I had earlier.  I grunted as my feet were beginning to hurt from so much walking.  But I continued to strut my stuff...and I mean that quite literally.  I mean, I felt so confident from no longer being a shocking white...now I feel like a tanned god!
With each step, I thought more of what people would think and less of my pain.  What would Trish say-she'd be genuinely shocked-she'd wonder how it would happen.  I don't know what Bailey would think-she'd probably again mention how dangerous it was...but what would she think of the new me?  Surely she would love it just like everyone else would.  No longer can I let my albinism slow me down-as I no longer suffer from that...that...disease!

I knew that I couldn't exactly call Trish and ask her for a ride...I could in theory, but she didn't even approve of me going to the rocks to see what the writer of the note would offer me.  So I couldn't tell her just to meet me where I am-at the start of the road after the path.  She would freak out when she saw me-if she even recognized me.  And...I'm sure that wouldn't go over so well.
I was happy with walking my way anyway.  My feet were still killing me of course, but it was all worth it from just the prospect of people seeing the new me.

While I was walking on one road, I noticed two ladies walking and they stopped suddenly when they saw me.  They were staring at me intently not even trying to hide it.  I'd be lying if I said I wasn't thrilled!  But I didn't even look in their direction-I've never been able to ignore prying women before!  Well, not exactly prying, but still.

About half an hour later, I made it to the furniture store, the first place I wanted to go to.  What will the cashier girls call me now!  What about Damien-what will he say!  Gosh, I am enjoying this so much.  Finally, I'm normal for once!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I apologize for the shortness this time, but something big did happen after all!

Oh yes, I almost forgot!  There's a new gadget here on blogger-follow by email and I have it under the table of contents if you want to receive updates that way!  If you have a blog here, I suggest you do it too because I would definitely prefer to follow people's blogs that way since I always have my email open.


4 comments:

  1. Nooo! Why did he do that?! I really liked him as the 'albino'. Now he's boring. Not saying the story is boring, just that his looks and attitude are bugging me now. =/ *Sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  2. soooo I don't know if I like this update :( I liked TJ as he was. I get it he's never liked himself had image issues with being an Albino but things were looking up for him. Should be interesting to see how his sister and girlfriend react to the new him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, TJ has major image issues, that's obvious. He thought this was the only way he would be accepted. Hmm...what will everyone think? What shall happen to him...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmm. He's handsome "normal", but I think the albino look fits him better. XD Oh well - good update, and I can't wait for more! :3

    ReplyDelete