Thursday, December 8, 2011

Chapter 16

I stared at the television in disbelief.  It was early in the morning, and I was watching the news.  Okay, I know that it's not cool to watch 'the news' but James has actually gotten me into it.  He watches it every morning with a cup of coffee before he has to begin with his daily chores.  Anyway, I just saw what I thought was over, would never be shown. 

 What am I talking about?  The picture of Alicia and I kissing, of course! Before the picture was even shown, the newsman was saying, "and here is Alicia June- the upcoming pop singer- kissing TJ Evans..."  Even after the picture was gone, my heart stayed in place.  I couldn't believe what I had just seen, I wouldn't let myself believe that it happened!  The news was so shocking that I couldn't imagine what was now bound to happen... I just stared in disbelief, well after the celebrity part of the news was over.

After my shock subsided, I heard Alicia come in the room.
"Oh hey TJ!  Anything interesting today?"  She had a smile in her voice, and I knew the latter part of her statement was sarcastic, but I ignored it.
"Oh, you could say that."
There was silence, so I looked at her.  She was moving her head and eyes in a way as if to ask, 'and?... what is it?'
"Well, you'll be happy to hear about it," I said bluntly.
"What?  The news?  Oh yes, I live to hear about events that are being repeated over and over." She was mocking me.
"I'm serious, Alicia."

She rolled her eyes and plunked down beside me.
"Okay, what is it?  Even though I won't care."
Ignoring her snide comment, I said, "Alicia, the whole world knows now..." I couldn't say it, because I knew if I did, my voice would crack, but I couldn't not tell her.
"TJ, don't make me guess!"
Ensuring that my voice wouldn't crack, I acted enraged instead, "the picture of us fucking kissing at the theater showed up!  Llama Alicia, why did you ever have to do that!"
She looked at me innocently, and shrank away from my outburst.  "What, are you saying I'm a bad kisser?"  She shook off her fake offense, and said, "wow, so I'm really getting that popular, huh?"  Figures that she had to think about herself here!

"Yeah Alicia, you only care about yourself!  You just kissed me so you could get back with Ryan.  You're so pathetic."
I got up and left her there, half sad and half jumping for joy.
**************************************************

Later, I was going to the bathroom since I knew that Bailey and Alicia were tucked away in the gym, there would be no way I would run into Bailey!  But of course, she came out right as I was passing the gym's door!

My stomach flipped when I realized that now I'd have to tell her that Alicia had kissed me, but it meant nothing.  I would have to leave the part out where she is selfish and did so only to get back with her ex for now.
"Why are you getting out of there?" I said dumbly.
She looked offended.  "What?  Why have you been avoiding me?  If you have to know, I was going to the lady's room."
"Well, there's something I gotta tell you."
She didn't look nervous or anything that I had something to tell her, her face stayed the same.
"Yeah?"  She said evenly.
My words flowed quickly, "look, so Alicia kissed me the other day, and I just wanted you to know that.  Nothingishappeningbetweenus!  Not at all, I just want to make that clear.  She kissed me, I didn't kiss her, it wasn't my fault!  Just forgive me, please..."

My heard was beating so loudly, and my face was burning, I just wanted to run away from the impending response.
"That's okay TJ, I understand.  No harm done."
As she talked, I closed my eyes and waited for a smack or something.  But with her simple, forgiving reply, I stood stunned.
"You don't hate me?"
She laughed.  "Why would I hate you?"
I just nodded.  "Alright, glad that's figured out."
"Me too.  So if you'll excuse me-"
"Right.  Go ahead."

I started walking away with a wide grin on my face.  So I know this is cliche but- a weight has been lifted off my shoulders.  I have never found that saying to be more fitting.  I had not been keeping in contact with Bailey simply because of the extreme guilt I felt from that one little kiss and I was sure she'd break up with me after that!  But look at me now, she doesn't hate me!  She forgave me fully and truly.

Then I heard footsteps behind me.  Bailey hadn't even made it to the bathroom yet, "you probably should think about moving out.  With you in the face of the press from Alicia, people might start guessing where you live.  You parents and family will surely listen in, and since you don't want to be caught..."
I smiled and nodded.  She was right.  I really had to get out of here, I couldn't risk them finding me.  It was nice that she was helping me- had been helping me- stay away from my parents and family.  She has no idea why, and yet she accepts it, with no question.  At least, now without question.

Not knowing how much time I had and not wanting to risk anything, I went into my room to investigate people to live with.  At first I debated living with a room mate, but I decided against it when I found that I could afford a house when I contacted my financial advisor.  She said that it wouldn't be out of my price range to buy a small, modest house, even after the payments I have to pay from college.  At first, the idea of getting my own place scared me.  I've never been alone before.  But I decided that if my only other option was to live with a stranger that might be crazy (or an insane clingy ex girlfriend of a guy), that learning to live on my own wouldn't be so bad.

I looked through a good amount of modest houses with my Realtor, Julia.  And when I say 'modest', I'm being quite nice.  Most of the houses within my price range were crap.  Each of them had one problem or another.  One's plumbing had serious issues (I'll leave it at that...),  another had a fireplace... that was a pile of rubble.  All the issues each house had would cost thousands to fix, and I didn't have thousands of dollars to throw around.

Eventually, she showed me a rather... tolerable house, which was very far away from my family, an extra bonus!  The outside was rather close to the street, but it looked... fine.
"Well, here's the entrance to the house.  There are no problems with these steps!"  She started to laugh to try to get me in a good mood, but it didn't work.

We went inside and I walked to the end of the house in a matter of seconds. 
"See, it's not too bad, is it?"
I looked around, unimpressed, but it would be the best place I would be able to find.

It was easier than I thought it would be to break it to Alicia that I'd be moving out.  We were friends, I guess you could say, but our friendship seemed artificial to me.  I can't really explain it...
In a way, I was surprised that she hadn't kicked me out yet.  After giving the family room and her room a makeover, she asked for nothing else.
"Look, Alicia, I can't live here anymore... I need to get out of your hair."
She nodded neutrally.  "I think that would be best.  After all, Ryan and I are getting it on, and, well..."
I put my hand up, begging for her not to continue.

It's true.  After Ryan saw us on the news, he became enraged, and, well, they got back together.  I wouldn't even say he was jealous, well, at least not that I had Alicia the person (or so it seemed).  But it was that I had Alicia the celebrity.  Their relationship is so fake, but who am I to run Alicia's life?
************************************************

I rustled my newspaper (my new, cheap entertainment!) when I heard the doorbell of my new house ring.
I got up expecting to see an annoying politician, or someone selling something.  But when I looked out the window, I saw a guy in a black outfit- and even a black hat.  It was a tall hat.  Question marks went in my head.  I debated if I should open the door or not to this stranger.
I walked closer, and quickly looked at him better through the window so he wouldn't see me.  I decided that he looked non-threatening.  Sure he could be a robber- or something worse- in disguise, but in this circumstance my curiosity won.

Slowly, I opened the door to the man.  I let him inside.
He looked rather strange, he was wearing a tux with a bow tie (who wears bow ties now-a-days?), and a top hat.  When I saw his eyes and distinctive facial features, my knees became weak, I started to rub my eyes.  This was a dream.  My parents used to tell me stories about a man like this.  They always described him as a man with a charcoal black tux, top hat, unusual goatee-like facial hair, and of course there were the orange eyes.  They always described him as ageless, as this man was.  It was impossible to pinpoint an age on him.  He could be thirty or fifty, it was impossible to tell.  But those were just kid stories... I thought.

"Hello TJ.  I'm sorry I have to see you."
I raised my eyebrow.  I had no idea what to expect from him, in the stories he was always described as a magician that could fix any ailment, cure any predicament.  He could do impossible things.  But even if he is the guy from the stories, he couldn't possibly be able to do those things.  Surely it was exaggerated?
"Who are you?"  I decided to ask what I convinced myself was the obvious.
"I'm Merlin.  Your father sent me.  Sorry I couldn't come on my own."
That was the guy's name from the story, Merlin!  Surely that can't be a coincidence?  Because I mean... who has that name?  And he was described exactly how he does look.
"What do you want from me?"
I started to back away, I was scared of him.  He smiled at me in a certain way I couldn't pinpoint.  "That's what I'm getting at."

7 comments:

  1. Yikes : O!!! That is one scary looking man lol. Run TJ!!! I wonder what this is all about.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is quite the interesting character, get ready for the next chapter! He's been in every one of my stories except for the last one. He has always been a mysterious one...

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's very creepy. I mean that guy is very creepy. No way I'd opened the door for him, but TJ's curiosity seems to always win out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. He has?? I might need to check out your other stories : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Aeon~ Yeah, he seems creepy...

    @Rika~ Yup, all besides my first one, which wasn't really a 'story', but yeah. Joel Evans: Lady's Man Town Casanova, The Dilemma, Overcoming the Haze...

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is great i wanna kno wats gonna happen and i wanna read ur other stories

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello anonymous, thank you for the comment! I can satisfy all that you ask. Click on my profile, and you'll see my blogs for Overcoming the Haze and My Life at a Later Date. On the sims 3 website, my username is simsgal2227, and I have Joel Evans: Lady's Man Town Casanova and The Dilemma in my studio :).

    Also, I just finished the next chapter! Get ready to be doused with a lot at once!

    ReplyDelete