Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Chapter 8

Trish's POV 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 
TJ is hiding something from me. After our little discussion, where I found everything out, I took him to the car where Shelby and the dog were waiting. TJ didn't know what he wanted to do about my questioning him. He had just looked around acting extremely nervous. After an awkward pause, Gabe was all, 'Yeah, I gotta go.' So he went, and TJ was stuck with me. I let it go with silence as we went to the car and on our drive to drop Shelby and her dog off. 
It was after they were gone that the silence started to make me burn with questions. "TJ, what do you want to tell me?" 
He didn't say anything for a long minute, so I gave him my stern look. "Nothing...," he said simply. 
"Come on Teej, you have to tell me." 
"I'll.... tell you later...." 
I rolled my eyes. Whatever, I was going to give him that time.


When we finally got home (as the drive seemed to take forever since, at this point, I have become very curious), I couldn't take it anymore. 
In a calm but stern voice, I said, "Tell me what it is now Teej. You'll have to tell me eventually." 
He became extremely defensive then, and his voice became loud. "I can't tell you Trish! There's nothing to tell!" 
I just shook my head. He thinks I'm a fool! Since he's screaming at me, there is something that he has to tell me. 
"Does it have to do with that girl that Gabe was talking about? He said he met the girl who changed your looks? Are you embarrassed or something?" Surely he couldn't be embarrassed, but I couldn't think of anything else. 
"No I'm not embarrassed! Get off my back Trish!" So now it's a screaming war. Good with me, because he has gotten on my nerves. 
"I'm not going to 'get off your back'! You need to tell me what the matter is. I'm your sister! Tell me what the fuck is wrong so I can fucking tell you!" 

Teej just looked at the floor obviously agitated, clearly trying to avoid the discussion. 
And then, he just turned his back to me and speed walked up the stairs. "Where the fuck do you think you're going Teej?!" 
For a second he looked at me as if he was going to answer, but he changed his mind and continued walking up the stairs. 
So of course I had to follow him! As I started to catch up to him, he quickened his pace. 


When I made it up the stairs, I almost got him but he went in his room and locked the door. 
With my pent up anger, I banged on the door as loud as I could. 
"You're not going to get away Teej!" 
I got out my trusty bobby pin from my hair and brought it to the key hole. Just as I was about to swing it open, I said, "don't you know that locking doesn't work with me, Teej?" 

When I got in his room, he wasn't there. 
It was then that I heard his response. "Yeah, I know that. But it did buy me some time, now didn't it?" 
His voice was muffled, coming from his bathroom. 
I ran as fast as I could so I could unlock the other door. 

When I got into the bathroom, Teej wasn't there. But the window was open, and the screen was thrown out. 
I gasped as I looked outside. No-he couldn't have... 
When I finally saw Teej, my thoughts halted as I couldn't quite process what was happening - somehow, he'd jumped out of the window and was running, running full pelt across the road. I didn't have enough time to think about the implications. 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 

TJ's POV 
Running. Running, running, running. Those were the only thoughts that could pass through my head. Trish was onto me. I knew that I had to get away from her before she started jumping to conclusions... I knew the conclusions she could reach could never be the correct ones, but they might as well be. Because I would either have to go along with them or make something up... telling wasn't an option. I was more scared of what would happen if I were to tell, than to what Trish would do. I just knew I couldn't tell... well, anyone. 

I didn't bother to look behind me to see where Trish was. She didn't have a great chance of catching me, but I couldn't assume that. The stakes were too high. I gritted my teeth and quickened my pace.

I rounded the corner after about ten minutes of running. I had no clue where Trish was at this point, but I knew that she had been after me since I heard her screams. I could not turn back now. 
Since I knew I was winning and the chances of her catching up to me were slim, I gave myself a mental pat on the back for being so in shape. If it weren't for Gabe and Louis right now I'd be screwed! 

Since I knew that I was out of sight from Trish, I decided now was a great time to hide. I saw a white brick building and decided to jog inside. 

I went in the restroom since I figured that would be the best place to hide even though I didn't think that Trish would think to look for me in a building - I had to assume that she was still looking for me... or should I say chasing? 
I sighed with relief when I noticed that no one was inside - how would I explain why I'm going to be staying in here a while without doing anything, exactly? 

I went to the sink to slosh some water on my sweaty face and neck, ah, how good the cold water felt. My muscles weren't even aching - again, if I weren't in shape, then... 

I stayed in the restroom for a long while because I got... paranoid. After a while, I started asking myself the obvious. Where was I planning to go after this, exactly? 
Because, surely it goes without saying that I can't just go back to Trish's house. She'd demand an answer, especially after the way I acted... no, I'd have to go somewhere else. But where? 


After mulling it over for a few minutes, I decided that Bailey was the best option. I know her, she loves me, and it's not like she wouldn't let me stay with her, right? 
So I made myself walk casually to her house. Now that the worst was over, I didn't want people to see me running like a crazy person.... 
I went to her door with confidence that she would let me... be with her... for the time being.... 


[Note: sorry, with the Pets patch and me being lazy right now, I don't have her real hair, so just go with it.] 
I knocked on the door and in a few agonizing minutes she answered. 
"Hey Bailey - I er...." Now that I was here, I just couldn't say it. This wasn’t like me! Well, the new me anyway. 
"Um, what's up TJ? I was just going to get ready for work...." Bailey is a personal trainer, so her work schedule is wacko just like mine is. 
"Well, um - see, the thing is... can I move in with you... just for now!" 
"Um, sure, why not?" 
I sighed with relief. She was going to let me live with her - for now. But how was I going to tell her that I was without a change of clothes and everything, since I wouldn’t be able to go back to my own house... or should I say, Trish's house. 



6 comments:

  1. I seriously love TJ to bits! Love the plot, everything. Can't wait for the next chapter :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heh that was a nifty escape, I wonder if Trish is still looking for him. I think she's going to find out eventually.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now I'm all caught up! Brianna is kinda scary lol. I'm disappointed that TJ went through with the procedure but at least he's happy. Lol!! Trish was certainly on a mission to find out what TJ's up to! I'm surprised he managed to escape her wrath : D. I just wonder how long he will be able to keep things secret. This story is so exciting! Can't wait to see what's going to happen! Also, thanks for unlocking the Anonymous feature! Although I'm sure you know who this is! lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much, unlocking the anonymous feature is my pleasure. I love comments :). I think you'll see the story turning out differently than what you'd expect. I'm all about the unexpected! When everything is so predictable it gets boring after a while!

    And you are caught up now-but I'm actually starting to write the next chapter (I take the pics first, then write the text).

    ReplyDelete
  5. W0000t! I'm glad the next chapter will be here soon. But that's different...I write first and THEN take pics lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know, most people do. I usually can think of the words only after I have taken the pics, and the pics help me separate my thoughts. It's quite easy for me to know what the chapter will be about, then come up with more details through the pics, then even more details with the words :). It's up now :).

    ReplyDelete